Long awaited and often requested—the time has come. We invite all of you to this year’s Gulaschprogrammiernacht.
Save the date:
GPN19, 2019-05-30 to 2019-06-02 in the HfG/ZKM, Lorenzstr. 15, 76135 Karlsruhe, Baden, Baden-Württemberg, Europe, Earth, Sun,** ?-Quadrant, Milky Way****, Laniakea**
More of the same
The Gulaschprogrammiernacht has everything for the discerning hacker: Talks, workshops, demoshow, flashing lights, lots of music (always both too loud and too quiet), two (!!!) hackcenters, enough Mate for all of us (some say it’s the years stock for Karlsruhe), tons of Tschunk, an epic lounge, and a fantastic outside lava-lawn (*lava not included). Oh, and as always: yummy goulash in a meaty and vegan edition. Once again, this is your chance for four days of collective hacking, talking, socializing, and chilling till the bytes come home. Everyone is welcome, from the ‘usual suspects’ to newbies as well as all other interested parties.
The amount and quality of talks and workshops at the GPN depends on you! We are eager to hear about your submissions on all kinds of topics for all the different attendees. You can submit your talks and workshops at our Pretalx cfp.gulas.ch. If you don’t feel up to the task yourself but know of people you would love to see at the GPN, please talk to them and refer them to this call for participation and cfp.gulas.ch.
Please keep in mind that this event is attended by a wide range of people that may not be as well versed in your area of expertise as perhaps at a specialized conference. Please also try to make your talks accessible to the widest range of audience possible.
The talks will be recorded by the C3VOC and published on media.ccc.de. As a speaker, you can of course opt out of being recorded at any time.
Like all other Chaos events, the GPN only works thanks to the help of many volunteers that keep everything running, from the info desk to the livestreams. Whoever wants to lend a hand is encouraged to do so and can (soon) register with the Trollsystem troll.gulas.ch.
While most tasks can be done by anyone, training for particular tasks will be provided to those who need it.
We are trying to reduce barriers at the GPN for all kinds of people. If you have suggestions, please share them with us at: entropia.de/GPN:Barrierefreiheit
Troll (with) us: troll.gulas.ch.
To stay in touch with friends and especially to coordinate with the orga during trolling we have established a DECT system that is based on ByoD (bring you own DECT). You can register your DECT at: poc.gulas.ch.
For any further information please visit the Wiki: gulas.ch
- “How much does a ticket cost?” – There are no tickets and admission is free. The GPN is funded by your contributions, the prices for food and drinks are kept low. To finance further iterations of the GPN, we rely on and kindly ask for your donations.
- “Why should I register if there are no tickets?” – We need some preliminary data to estimate how many chairs and tables to book, how much Mate and ingredients for goulash to buy. Textiles and other merchandise have to be preordered during registration. You are of course free to come to the GPN without prior registration, even though it would be extremely helpful for our planning and other preparations.
- “What are trolls?” – Trolls are all people helping us run the GPN, they are very much the same thing as the angles at other chaos-events. Come to GPN and troll (with) us!
- “Is there going to be a gym or other accommodations to sleep?” – Unfortunately, it was (and will) not (be) possible to organize a gym or other accommodations. If you need a place to sleep, have a look at the couch exchange in the Wiki entropia.de/GPN19:Unterkunft.
- “I still have Questions!” – Please visit our full length FAQ! entropia.de/GPN19:FAQ If you can’t find any answer to your question there, send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pictures by GPN18 CC-BY 4.0 »Florian Köhler, cheatha.de«