Hello to all of you out there on the internet,
it was nice seeing so many of you at the 33C3, but for those who couldn’t make it or who haven’t had enough: The party continues in May.
Save the date:
GPN17 2017-05-25 – 2017-05-28 in Karlsruhe, Europe, Earth
In order to enable more of you to be able to come to us, we have moved the GPN to Ascension Day this year. In addition, we are looking to provide affordable accommodation for you.
The Gulaschprogrammiernacht has everything: Lectures, workshops, a big hackcenter, mate and tschunk, an epic lounge and the lava meadow. Of course, there will also be goulash – both with meat and as a vegan alternative. We welcome everybody, from the “usual suspects” to the wholly inexperienced.
This year there’s something new! We’ve developed an electronic badge as you may already know it from past events. The GulaschPushNotifier is an versatile IoT-Device. You can preorder it together with the t-shirts.
Works for me! But does it work as intended? What protects the code, the infrastructure and the applications we build from being used unethically? Whether it’s about Dual Use or simple misappropriation: Can we simply continue hacking without worrying about those possibilities? We are curious what you think and look forward to spirited discussions about a topic that gets harder and harder to avoid in an age of telltale social networks, internet-destroying toasters and robots designed to kill.
How many lectures and workshops will there be and how interesting will they be? Well, that depends on you! We look forward to lectures on a multitude of topics relevant to hacking and a jumble of workshops for all participants. You can submit your ideas in Frab. If you don’t want to submit a lecture yourself but know folks who might, please get in touch with them and tell them about our call for participation. We ask all contributors to kindly read our guidelines on inclusion and behavior and on accessibility. This greatly helps creating the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere that makes the GPN so awesome. The CCC VOC will be recording all lectures by default, but you can opt out at any time.
Can you help? Absolutely! Like every other chaos event, the GPN only works thanks to our industrious helpers. If you would like to make the GPN better, please register here.
Registration and preorders via this page
Submit talks and workshops through Frab
- “What about entry fees?” – Entry is free and unlimited. The GPN is based on donations, prices for food and drink are low. If you can, please donate to make the next GPN possible.
- “Why should I register?” – So we know how many chairs, tables and ingredients for goulash / cocktails or fancy attire we should get. But if you miss the registration, please come anyway.
- “How barrier-free are you?” – Well, we are working on it to make it better. You can find reports of our current progress in our Wiki. If you have suggestions or spot something amiss, please let us know.
- “What are trolls?” – That’s what we call our helpers, like the angels at other CCC events. Please come over and troll us.
- “Is there a gym to sleep in?” – We’re working on it, stay tuned!
- “I’ve got other questions!” – Take a look at our comprehensive FAQ and if you still can’t find an answer, write us an email.
Looking forward to seeing you there
Your Eve Entropia