In addition to the great talks and scheduled events, there are really great workshops that any person, group, or transnational delegation can host at the 25C3. If you’ve been to a BarCamp, you’ll feel right at home in a workshop. They’re another way to actively participate in the 25C3!
Best of all, there’s still lots of room! Take that talk, project or idea you’ve been thinking about and turn it into a really awesome workshop! There’s lots of prime time space available in Meeting Room C04 and lots of off-hours time still available in A03. If you plan to have a workshop, please send a mail to the content crew with the title of your workshop, a short description, contact info, preferred date and a page in the wiki with all the specifics.
The current lineup of workshops shows the awesome diversity of topics and interests you’ll find at the 25C3:
- Did you know that recent studies have shown 2/3rds of the information obtained by intelligence agencies is freely available over the net? Find out more at the Public Intelligence Workshop
- Never be lost again, for there’s a group building a free street-map of the world. The Open Street Map Workshop will show you how to join in on the mapping fun!
- Learn more about building a universal web tool for total citizen participation in public affairs at a Liquid Democracy XP workshop.
- Learn more about how ISPs shape and route your content, and learn how to build your own transparent squid proxy at the Bastard ISPs from Hell workshop
- Hack your Canon Digital camera at the CHDK Workshop
- Find out how you can “see” your network metrics better at the Davix Visualization Bootcamp
Also…do you have a hot tip on a party at the 25C3? Want to know more about a speaker at the 25C3? Miffed we didn’t mention you here? Got other ideas or questions? Leave a comment, or send an @reply or DM the 25C3 on twitter and we’ll get you up on the blog!