|Description|| An idiopolis is a city of idiots, where weirdness, creativity, freaks, connectivity and the quality of life combine to create dynamic local madness.
|Members||Anus, Arda Xi, Aurel, Benry, BuZz, Cha0z97, Chr( ), DeeTwo, Dmt, Dokterbob, Dreamer, Hellekin, Itzmjauz, Jaromil, Madeddie, Mattronix, Meier, Moro, Msil, Nathan7, Nooitaf, Peetz0r, Petraea, Phicoh, Psy0rz, Realitygaps, Red Devil, Stef, Tg, The Niz, Torn, Ultratux, Zarya, Zmatt|
|Projects||DroneMotels, EspLight, Geodome, IJduino, Idiocubator, Monkeyopolis, NurdNode, QtPass, Quadcopter drone modding, Tesla Coil, Weather Station|
|Self-organized Sessions||Funix double feature picture show, Hackbases meetup (live-in hackerspaces), Teledildonics|
|Related to village||Chaos West, Synthesizers, DeFEEST, Mononoke, Slackers on holiday, 2600NL - official DrWhax fanclub|
|Tags||idiots, nurdspace, ijhack, dome, party, workshops, music, lights, slug, laglab, domes|
|Registered on||30 April 2015 09:32:29|
|Location for self-organized sessions||Yes|
|Other villages by tags...|
|Needs network||3) more than normal||Villages describe network needs|| Among other things we hope to do Radiopolis, a streaming radio broadcast.
We might include video with that.
Also we are able to bring network infrastructure for our camp.
|Needs power||3) Village with up to 60 citizens (32A CEE 400V)|
|Power comment|| Lots of citizens, lots of projects.
Lighting, sound, projectors, kitchen, and the occasional laptop-charger.
|Village plans||... play loud music and party, ... bring light installations, ... build up a big tent, ... install a fridge or a freezer, ... run a kitchen for our citizens, ... run a bar for our citizens|
|Village constraints||We are playing music and like to party, We will provide space to hang out for other camp participants on our village, We like to show the stuff we do|
|Village comments plans|| We hope to build some domes (~70m2 + ~35m2 + ~30m2), have an army-tent 'cave' (~70m2) and a so called 'monkeyhut' (~120m2) as common area.
Usually we tend to cluster with familiar friends, so this can grow the village considerably.
|Likes to rent a tent||No|
|Descibing tents to rent|
|Likes to rent chairs||10|
|Likes to rent tables||5|
|Provides transport for||goods, people|
|Has plans with tracks||not yet, but the longboard-subvillage could use some ride-able road nearby|
|Size needed||400 500|
|Has order interest||No|
|Planning notes|| Over previous years our village has usually grown organically by clustering with friends and combining infra using big tarps and lots of ducttape.
This year we hope to organize a bit better and set up some proper infrastructure with some big tents/structures and accompanying power/network distribution.
For many, the road to this village already started long ago. For its second arrival at CCC, here are the idiots.
And we're bringing IJduinos! Expect a lot of chaos and unfinished projects. Be ready to be taken by suprise.
You can contact us on our village DECT-phone: 4346 / IDIO
How/What will (we) get to CCC ...
We need some .. stuff ... moved. And people too!
- Truck: infra + 3 people -> rest carpool!
Please add here; what you need moved, and an estimate of weight and size, example supplied.
Only add what you want to be taken along with -communal- effort, not handluggage etc.
(more extensive pack-list)
- My suitcase of heavy stuff, 100KG , 1m3
- Dome(s). $1 kg, $2 m3
- Monkeyhut, ~120 kg, ~4m3 (~4.5m long)
- Kitchen-infra, $5 kg, $6 m3
- DeeTwo - 3 flightcases with DJ gear (only if there will be none) Tesla Coil, Personal stuff.... $6 kg, $7 m3
- Mononoke tent $8 kg, 2m3
- BugBlue gear $9 kg, 2m3
- -> FULL
Please add yourself here !1!!;
|buZz||2899||Aug 10||Aug 19||Together with rented van|
|dreamer||DRMR||Aug 10||Aug 19||Together with rented van|
|madeddie||Aug 10||Aug 19||Together with rented van|
|DeeTwo||Aug 12||Aug 18||Own car or carpooling|
|Meier||2180||Aug 8||Aug 19||TBD|
|Zarya||6697||Aug 12||Aug 17||Own car + r3boot + schauw|
|Psy0rz||?||Aug 11||Aug 18/19||Own car (+DMT)|
|nathan7||HAXX||Aug 12||Aug 17||ArdaXi's car|
|ArdaXi||ARDA||Aug 12||Aug 17||Own car|
|itzmjauz||?||Aug 12||Aug 17||ArdaXi's car|
|DMT||?||Aug 11||Aug 18/19||PsyOrz car|
An Idiocubator is a service that helps new and startup villages to develop by providing services such as training or space.
We will be assisting new and exciting disruptions with:
- Lipo charging
- Lipo suction (discharging of Lipo)
- Meme creation
- Offering 'storefront' for selling kits/items/stickers/stuff
- -possibly- a cryptocoin to/from ccc coins exchange
Some of the AMAZING startups we are helping blossom into fruition:
- We have THREE dome tents, one of ~70m2, and two of ~35m2
- One big-ish monkeyhut (probably; ~105m2)
- OR if we fail to build the monkeyhut, we will bring a 5x10M armytent
- Kitchen area (one end of the monkeyhut; table + grill; fridge/coolbox?)
- Power (need to bring '32A CEE 400V' power-mushroom)
- Network (1->moar switches + cables)
- Idiocubator 'interface' (desk / showcase / sign to lure investors)
Total area needed: ~400m2 excl sleeping tents, ~500 incl
Personal equipment (ask to borrow)
- Extension cable, 2.4m, three outlets. Fairly rugged.
- DC adapters: 5V 1.5A, 5V 2A, 12V 1A. All have compatible plugs, so check the label.
- DECT phone charger station (Siemens Gigaset)
- Cables and converters
- a few USB (male A) to mini-USB (male B) cables, one to normal USB (male A)
- μHDMI (male D) to HDMI (male A) cable
- UTP cable, approx 2.5 cm (length excluding connectors)
- Null modem cable, presumably (male DE-9 to male DE-9)
- Cisco-to-BOB cable, adapts cisco console (8P8C modular) to regular DE-9 via BOB
- Hardware accessories
- BOB, an adapter of sorts, related to the old LanBox prototypes (see below)
- FTDI usb to 3.3V serial converter (FT232R-based), pin header
- TI XDS100v2 JTAG debugger (FT2232H-based + CPLD) with TI-14 connector (+ adapter for CTI-20)
- Contour Shuttle Pro (v1), USB HID device
- Embedded systems
- BeagleBone Black rev A5A with JTAG connector
- BeagleBone Black rev C patched to allow battery-powered operation including RTC-only mode
- LanBox old prototype hardware (firmware state unknown):
- LanBox-LCP proto (with wires soldered on to make I²C externally accessible)
- LanBox-LCI (HCI) proto
- Hardware tools
- A small selection of crimp terminals and a really basic crimping tool
- Heavy-duty wire cutter
- "precision" screw driver set (Phillips 000, 00, 0, 1, Pozidriv 0, 1, Torx 4-10, 15, 20, Hex .7, .9, 1.3, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0)
- Large sheet (4m × 12.5m minus whatever has already been cut off) of fairly robust polyethylene sheet. Useful e.g. to create a dry spot on damp ground to sit on.
- Diversity of fasteners, including velcro, tie-raps (numerous sizes), binding wire, some rope, and cling film.
- About 25 grams of caffeine powder.
- Two food dyes: Azorubine (E122, C.I.14720) and Indigo carmine (E132, C.I.73015). Both have good heat stability, so red or blue pancakes should be possible.
We tend to get very social:3.0
We will try to host a 24/7 broadcast of Radiopolis (music/talk/noise radio) and Videopolis (Camera interpretation of Radiopolis).
- Showing off selfmade structures (domes, monkeyhut, DMX lights, electric longboard, etc)
- Hosting talks/workshops/social
- Slacking off
- Testing Soylent: I have some bags of strawberry Soylent from Soylentlife.nl. If you wanna test it, drop by. Psy0rz (talk)
- https://events.ccc.de/camp/2011/wiki/DomeTent - meaning, nice projection on a dome, with corrected video for the spherical shape
- Tesla Coil demonstrations.
- Crashing? /o\
In order to organize transport, infra and rent of stuff we need to put some funds together:
- Fixed infra-dues?
- Benefit party?
Buy an Idiot
Costs we're making, and need saving:
- Table/Chair rental: 150eu
- MidiDome: ~
- MaxiDome: ~
- Monkeyhut: ~320eu
- Bus rental: ~
- Power rental: 55eu
Current ~total: 1515eu
With ~40 members this would be about 40eu p/p