Frequently Asked Questions
Tickets, Pricing, Presale
- Questions about Tickets and Pricing
- see Tickets
- Questions about the Presale
- see Presale
- Will there be the gym for sleeping at?
- see Accommodation
- Questions about the congress network
- see Network
- Questions about securing your computer
- see How To Survive
- Questions about the DECT-Network and the Phone Operation Center
- see POC
- Questions about the GSM network
- see GSM
- I've heard about women being harassed at tech cons. Do I need to worry?
- The Chaos Computer Club is, by its chapter and by common consent, a galactic organization of all life forms, regardless of their age, gender or upbringing. We are dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable experience for everybody attending our events. Harassment of any kind, including physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attentions will not be tolerated. No means no.
- Generally, the Congress is a safe and friendly place, and the vast majority of attendants knows how to behave without us having to tell them. If you run into someone who doesn't and can't resolve the problem yourself or with the help of other attendants, don't hesitate to contact the security angel, either directly by calling 110 on DECT, or by asking any of the volunteers to do this for you. We will provide help and assistance.
- Is the Congress-Center open 24/4?
- Is there a place to deposit luggage?
- There is a cloakroom where you can deposit your luggage. (But we cannot assume liability for it.) There are lockers at the nearby nearby train station ("Alexanderplatz").
- Can I bring my own food with me to the Congress?
- Rule of thumb: Feel free to bring the cookies your Grandma baked - but never order pizza (or things like that) to the bcc.
- What are there guidelines concerning videotaping/taking pictures at 28C3?
- Ask everybody in the picture if they agree to be photographed or filmed.
- It follows that shots from the stage into the audience and long shots in the hack center and the other public areas are not possible. Please note that we might ask photographers and film teams to leave if they don't behave accordingly.