The Phone Operation Center (powered by Eventphone) will be present at the 28C3 this year again with a mobile DECT system and phone infrastructure.
You can bring your own DECT phone and register it at the 28C3. So you will be able to call other 28C3 participants for free. To secure your personal extension in advance please register and then enter your extensions in the phonebook.
Additionally we will have outside connectivity via PRI-ISDN over IP tunnel. For more information visit the Linux-Call-Router project.
The extension registration is open: http://www.eventphone.de/guru2/
This year our dial-in number is +49-531-349439-XXXX, where XXXX is the extension number inside the congress.
The Dialout is not available yet. It is unsure, if a dial out will exist at this event.
- Choose an extension. You will receive a 'token' with your extension number.
- Get a SIM card from the POC desk and place it in your mobile. (Cards from previous events are still valid.)
- The mobile will connect to a network called "262 42", "D 42" or "CCC Event".
- Enter the token to your mobile phone and press the dial button. You should hear a confirmation message.
- Dial *#100# to check your GSM extension number.
Your SIM card is now registered to our GSM network. You may change the extension number any time by entering a different token, or change the phone by entering the token there.
We have a GSM helpdesk close to the POC desk. For more information visit the Linux-Call-Router project.
Please also look in the GSM article for more detailed and more up-to-date information: GSM#How_can_I_participate_in_the_network
After the Congress
If you don't need your phone anymore after the Congress consider giving it to the POC for organizing future events.
|7666||Voicebarf (Next lectures)|
|8101||Saal 1 (DE --> EN simultaneous interpretation, if offered)|
Will sipdroid work with the Eventphone setup?
- At camp11 sipdroit worked for me. But in general DECT ist more reliable, as wi-fi ob 2.4 GHz doesn't have as many different channels. Also note that there is already and sip client included in recent versions of android. --Andi 19:57, 26 December 2011 (CET)
Please note : for GSM releated Queastions ask there : GSM#User_Questions
How to edit the compatibility list on the eventphone wiki? It's outdated.