Unfettered high-speed Internet access as well as a high-performance on-site network will be available during 28C3 via both wired and wireless connections.
Rules of Conduct
- Be fair! Do not do to others what you do not wish done to yourself!
- Protect your Computer! We cannot be taken responsible for any damage your computer may face due to attachment to our network. Be reminded that both internet access and the local network are unfirewalled and unfiltered. Even well-maintained systems might always be attacked and get hacked, even more so on a hacker event.
- Do not run your own DHCP server! Doing so is harmful. We will detect, locate and disconnect you.
- Do not ARP spoof or otherwise impede the operation of the network! We are quite able to find and disconnect you, if necessary.
- Do not use the wireless for downloads and streaming! Current wireless systems simply do not allow us to deploy enough capacity to make such things possible, so go to the next wired LAN port for such things. These will be plenty, and your connection will also be much faster.
- Think twice before you do something that affects others! If you hack someone, you might be prosecuted. Be aware that we cannot prevent law enforcement from acting within or related to our network.
See Supporters page for full list of companies providing network hardware and connectivity services.
Questions to the NOC
- Can I bring my own switch with Fibre Uplink to my Desk at Hackcenter?
- Sure, but there is no fibre to the desk
- I can haz uplink? (This is only relevant if the Switches at Desk are slower than gigabit)
- You can use port 49 on the 50-port-switches or port 25 on the 26-port-switches when its free