|Description||A complete, modular, portable and easily extensible MITM framework.|
|Persons working on||Evilsocket|
|Self-organized sessions||create self-organized session|
|Tags||Italian Embassy, ettercap, mitm, opensource, post-hackedteam, beef, italiangrappa|
|Located at village||Village:Italian Embassy|
BETTERCAP: A complete, modular, portable and easily extensible MITM framework.
bettercap is a complete, modular, portable and easily extensible MITM tool and framework with every kind of diagnostic and offensive feature you could need in order to perform a man in the middle attack.
> Yet another MITM tool? C'mon, really?!!?
This is exactly what you are thinking right now, isn't it? :D But allow yourself to think about it for 5 more minutes ... what you should be really asking is:
> Does a complete, modular, portable and easy to extend MITM tool actually exist?
If your answer is "ettercap", let me tell you something:
- ettercap was a great tool, but it made its time.
- ettercap filters do not work most of the times, are outdated and hard to implement due to the specific language they're implemented in.
- ettercap is freaking unstable on big networks ... try to launch the host discovery on a bigger network rather than the usual /24 ;)
- yeah you can see connections and raw pcap stuff, nice toy, but as a professional researcher I want to see only relevant stuff.
- unless you're a C/C++ developer, you can't easily extend ettercap or make your own module.
The project is done by evilsocket (https://twitter.com/evilsocket) that will be organizing a workshop at Italian Embassy, if you want to hack code or learn how to play with bettercap, come at the Italian Embassy and/or drop an email!