| IRC: #csoc34c3 auf irc.hackint.org
Matrix: #csoc34c3:irc.hackint.org (https://riot.im/app/#/room/%23csoc34c3:irc.hackint.org)
|Named after the European mission control ESOC, the Chaos Space Operation Centre want to provide a space for people interested in space exploration (in a wide sense) to meet, discuss and show of projects. Please be aware, that we aim to provide a safe environment for all galactic life forms (although we are only able to provide an oxygen atmosphere). We come in peace!
|INCO, Sebastian, VanillaChief
|create self-organized session
|chaos competence center
|Cluster:Open Infrastructure Orbit
|space, sdr, rocketscience, satellites, cubesats
|Location for self-organized sessions
|Self-organized session notes
| An in depth look at the APT signal format (short talk), more will be announced soonish.
We'd be happy to share the space for sessions with other assemblies.
Named after the european mission control ESOC, the Chaos Space Operation Centre want to provide a space for people interested in space exploration (in a wide sense) to meet, discuss and show of projects. The goal is to organize bring all the different people hacking on space topics in the hacker community in place, explore existing projects and come up with new ideas to hack where no congress has hacked before.
Please be aware, that we aim to provide a safe environment for all galactic life forms (although we are only able to provide an oxygen atmosphere). We come in peace!
This is just an incomplete list of examples, feel free to add to it
- Building a satellite
- How to receive and decode signals from space
- Weather satellites: APT, HRPT, ...
- Cubesats e.g. Flying Laptop, FunCube ...
- radio astronomy
- General rocket science
- Model/Experimental rockets
- DIY rocket engines
- Nerding about real rockets and how they work
- History of space flight and exploration
We will also present talks on the Open Infra Stage. Please refer to our flightplan for exact dates and times.
List Projects that people will show off, or work on at the assembly
- Open source receiver gear for APT-Signals (@ar3itrary /sebastian)
- DIY Groundstation for the Flying Latop (@ar3itrary / sebastian)
- Idea for an on-site project
- Use Wifi-Antennas, cheap-chineses filters and LNAs and the rad1o to receive telemetry from the Flying Laptop
- Maybe recruit Chaoswelle for help
- A radiotelescope with the rad1o (@h3rb3rn)
Self-Organized Sessions / Workshops
- How to solder for space applications (INCO)
- When it has to be reliable... and you are NOT in a hurry...
- Interplanetary Travel Agency (INCO)
- Calculating & optimizing orbit trajectories accross the solar system using professional open source tools
- Intial Idea:
- Annoucement Posts: