The Congress takes place at the Messe Leipzig / Congress Center Leipzig (CCL) near Wiederitzsch and Eutritsch - right next to train station Leipzig Messe Bahnhof and tram station Messegelände.
If you are new to Leipzig, you should get a city map and a map of the local tram system. You can get maps of the local transport system at many LVB shops for free, and city maps are available for a few euros.
- Messe Leipzig / Congress Center Leipzig (CCL)
- Messe-Allee 1
- 04356 Leipzig
- Travel Information
- Accomodation Information
Local Transport at Messe Bhf. / Messegelände station
The S5, S5X and S2 all stop at Messe Bhf. also the tram 16 has its final stop at Messegelände. The way from the stations to the CCL is signposted.
See also: Static:Local_Transport
Messe Leipzig / Congress Center Leipzig (CCL) is near to S-Bahnhof Messe station, providing connection to the S-Bahn (S2/S5/S11) . There is also a Tram station really close, it is called Messegelänge (Line 16). The LVB agreed to offer an event ticket. See also: Static:Local_Transport
Arrival by train
The best way to travel to Leipzig by train is via the ICE (InterCityExpress) routes. The trains stop at Leipzig Hauptbahnhof. Look up your connections with the Online Booking System of the Deutsche Bahn.
There is a special event ticket by Deutsche Bahn for your travel.
Arrival by bus
Just recently we got rid of the monopoly of the German train company regarding long distance rides, so those busses are a nice option, too. They will start and end near main station, please check the Static:Local_Transport how to reach Static:CCL.
- https://www.berlinlinienbus.de/ – not only for Berlin
- http://www.eurolines.de/en/ – european area, english language version available
- http://www.busliniensuche.de/ – seems to be a meta search for long distance busses
- there are much more, please add and/or comment if you have any experiences!
Arrival by plane
Leipzig can be reached by commercial aviation through the Leipzig/Halle Airport (LEJ).
Leipzig/Halle Airport (LEJ)
If you arrive at the Leipzig/Halle Airport:
- follow the signs to the trains
- take the S5 or S5X in the direction Leipzig
- you can get of after one stop at Messe
- stay on till you reach the city centre
Spaceship Landing Area CCL
Probably already occupied by the Fairydust. Sorry.
Arrival by car
If you need to unload your vehicle, please talk to the LOC (#locc3 @ hackint | team [ätt] locc3 [punkt] de).
There are plenty of parking spots available near the fair. Prices can be found here.
Park and Ride
See detailed information on Static:ParkandRide
This wiki has a special page for announcing and requesting lifts to and from the congress: Traveling Groups
But you can also check out the following sites:
MitFahrZentralen (MVZ) - Overview:
- http://www.fahrtfinder.net Meta search engine
- https://www.blablacar.de/ formerly known as mitfahrzentrale.de and mitfahrgelegenheit.de
See the accommodation page for offers & requests of rooms to share.
If you need a means of transport for something you want to bring to the congress or can offer some space in your car, have a look here.