|Description||Mobile peer-to-peer mesh networking library for iOS and Android apps.|
|Persons working on||Virl|
|Tags||mesh networking, p2p, mobile|
|Located at assembly||Real Ad-hoc Mode Support|
Underdark is mobile peer-to-peer mesh networking library that integrates into iOS and Android apps and works over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Allows apps on mobile devices to auto-discover and connect to each other via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth without any intervention from the user and without using any Internet connection. Works both in foreground and background app modes.
- Allows asynchronous transfer of messages, photos and sounds — all without freezing the UI of the app.
- Routes messages from Wi-Fi to Bluetooth-connected devices and vice versa — so devices with turned off Wi-Fi will receive all the same data via Bluetooth.
- Works between Android<—>Android or between iOS<—>iOS via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Works between iOS<—>Android via infrastructure Wi-Fi only.