|Website||http://subnod.es, http://piratebox.cc, http://deaddrops.com, http://nethood.org, http://occupyhere.org, http://librarybox.us, http://superglue.it, http://libre-mesh.org/, http://invisibleislands.org/, https://commotionwireless.net/, http://fffff.at/wifitagger/, etc..|
|Description|| The future is offline! An assembly all about offline networks.
Everyone interested in the growing offline networks community is welcome!
more links: http://www.nethood.org/links.html
|Members||Andreas.Unteidig, Aramba, Becha, Panayotis, RSRG|
|Self-organized Sessions||create self-organized session|
|Related to assembly||Freifunk, DIYISP|
|Tags||offline, network, hardware hacking, privacy, p2p, wireless, usability, customization, art, raspberrypi, meshnet|
|Registered on||27 November 2014 11:54:28|
|Location for self-organized sessions||yes|
|Self-organized session notes|| - subnodes workshop, making your own wireless access point and mesh node with a raspberry pi
- offline networks logo/ icon session - offline networks manifesto brainstorming - router hacking - mesh networks
|Other assemblies by tags...|
|Brings|| - killyourphone.com workshop table to make cell blocking phone pouches like last year
- 0101 IDEAL hard drive crusher (size of a small fridge) - lots of routers - lots of Raspberry Pis
|Assembly specification||2. We'd like to come together with a lot of people, a spot with lot's of people passing by and good visibility would be nice.|
Here is a list of possible collective activities:
- a competition for the universal sign of offline wireless (we could make available papers with the standard WiFi sign printed on them for people to "add" something that would transform it to "offline").
- collection of ideas for different objections, logos, and functionalities for applications depending on context. Perhaps try out some of them in the city.
- implementation of a simple "administrator panel" for choosing the SSID, the basic functionality, etc. with some basic "templates" to choose from (a la wordpress)
- hardware hacking: it would be great if we could add to these boxes a light or sound source that would react to the current activity or even allow people to generate alarms either visually or with sound.
- tutorials, experiences from real-life deployments, challenges
-Creating public/community activities centred around creative uses of offline wireless applications