Workshops/Freedombox Home Servers
Freedom Box Home Servers
The Debian Community is in its self-set year of deliberation about how to package an easy-to-use home server with social networking and secure features known as the Freedom Box. Since 2009 plug computers have been available that are both low in power consumption and high in features. How to make these privacy-preserving qualities easy to configure for average users is the goal of the Freedom Box Foundation. Then the many users of Freedom Boxes could securely identify each other and provide mutual assistance in personal crisis situations and in hostile environments.
- Hardware will be demonstrated (Dreamplug) on the basis of Nick Daly's instructions https://bitbucket.org/nickdaly/plugserver
- Official slides will be shown thanks to James Vasile
Come and share your plug-computer experiences with others.
If you're interested, please add your name here!
- Seniorexpat 18:25, 10 December 2011 (CET)] (host)
- bblfish will be interested in getting Read-Write-Web Server running on the FreedomBox. So I would like to be there most of the time to hack away at that project. By the time of the conf I hope to have LifeShare and read-write-web functioning together and be more integrated
- RobinUpton, hosting the following related workshop, on F2F Economics, about economic systems designed for implementation over an F2F topology as facilitated by e.g. a freedombox.
- Suso Baleato Really interesting workshop, it will be nice to be there! Thanks for the initiative!
- ––lynX for social swarm
When & Where
Day 2 - 2011-12-28, 14:30-15:30, Smaller Workshop Room B04