Session:36i3 - what's in your config?
|Description||Storys from the config: The i3 Window Manager|
|Tags||i3, window manager, linux, i3wm|
|Person organizing||Elcorto, Ricma|
|Language||de - German, en - English |
de - German, en - English
(Click here to refresh this page.)
|Subtitle||Let's share what's in our configuration files (i3 Window Manager)|
|Starts at||2019/12/28 18:00|
|Ends at||2019/12/28 19:00|
Workshop notes and example config: https://github.com/elcorto/36i3-workshop
Let's meet and discuss configs!
This will be a very informal meeting - we'll just sit around and chat at the Border Control / Memleak Bar:
- 18:00 Meet at Border Control / Memleak Bar
To update the workshop README, send me at PR on GH (@elcorto) or shoot me an email email@example.com
Are you using i3, i3-gaps, swaywm, ...? All the cool kids use it, but you don't, yet? Fear not! This meeting is for you: We want to invite people who are using i3 or want to use it and share what they have done so far. Let's learn from each other!
What was the last improvement you were really proud of? What was hard to achieve? How did you get there?
Or are you stuck with a problem? Come join us!
- Why are vi keybindings the best? Or are they?? Tell us: What is a keybinding you couldn't live without?
- Notification daemons
- lock screen tool (i3lock or not?)
- i3bar & other bars (e.g. conky) What is in your taskbar?
- app launchers (dmenu, rofi, ...)
- things that have icons (network managers, mount foo (such as udiskie), power manager)
- How do you get help?
- How do you track the requirements and dependencies for your setup?
- Do you use /SwayWM/? What is your experience?
NB: Awesome users are also welcome :)