Systemfeels: hacking mental health
From 35C3 Wiki
|Description||what can we do to systemically improve mental health etc in our communities?|
|Keyword(s)||social, political, inside|
|Processing assembly||Assembly:Cuddly Catgirl Collective|
|Language||en - English |
en - English
(Click here to refresh this page.)
|Starts at||2018/12/29 23:00|
|Ends at||2018/12/30 00:00|
This is in the smaller dome in Komona where shoes are not allowed, in the northwestern corner of Komona, visible from the Cuddly Catgirl Collective and NixOS tables
- trauma & dysfunctionality are rly rly widespread!
- helping individual frends is good, but can be ineffective and doesn't scale
- what can we do to systemically improve mental health etc in our communities?
- can we systemically improve things like emotional fluency or communication skills without falling institutional hegemony, new-age uselessness, or rationalist heartlessness—while still being rigorous, sensitive, and rational ?
- some basic directions I'm thinking in include
- making various grey-market supply chains more robust and accessible
- having good consensus protocols and guidelines for HRT, MDMA / psychedelics, antidepressants, anxiolytics, and antipsychotics
- something maybe like a federated wiki so that we're more effectively sharing our knowledge of the theoretical baseis (pharmacology studies, etc) that would make it really easy to share the research we do for ourselves so the next person doesn't spend weeks reading about tianeptine only to realize too late about the hepatoxicity.
- but more importantly, stuff like teaching and doing CBT/DBT for each other, providing each other with the actually effective support psychotherapy supposedly promises
- random things like journaling and boundary-setting exercises