The Congress takes place at the Congress Center Hamburg (CCH) near the centre of Hamburg - right next to train station Dammtor – a busy place with some shops and an intersection of buses, s-bahns, and a station for distance trains.
Hamburg's second tallest landmark, the Radisson Blu Hotel right beside the venue, is making it an easy place to find from most of Hamburg. There is also a botanical garden called "Planten un Bloomen".
If you are new to Hamburg, you should get a city map and a map of the local train system. You can get maps of S+U-bahns, underground and metro buses at many HVV shops for free, and city maps are available for a few euros.
- CCH - Congress Center Hamburg
- Am Dammtor / Marseiller Strasse
- 20355 Hamburg
Google Streetview from Dag-Hammarskjöld-Platz (funny car in the foreground)
Google Streetview from Theodor-Heuss-Platz (maybe some snow yet)
The Dammtor train station can be reached by regional and distance trains, buses, and S-Bahn.
Arrival by local transport
The CCH Congress Center Hamburg is very near Dammtor station, providing connection to the S-Bahn (S11/S21/S31) as well as to regional an national trains operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB). Leave the train station in the direction to CCH and turn right, go 100m, then climb the stairs to the left, turn right again and go another 30 meters. Then you should be in front of the doors of CCH.
There is also an other U-Bahn station really close, it is called Stephansplatz (U1). That can be listed as "Dammtor/CCH" as well.
See also: Local Transport
Arrival by train
The best way to travel to Hamburg by train is via the ICE (InterCityExpress) routes. The trains stop at Hamburg Dammtor station. Look up your connections with the Online Booking System of the Deutsche Bahn.
There is a special event ticket by Deutsche Bahn for your travel.
Arrival by bus
Just recently we got rid of the monopoly of the German train company regarding long distance rides, so those busses are a nice option, too. They will start and end at various but central places, please check the Local Transport how to reach CCH.
- https://www.berlinlinienbus.de/ – not only for Berlin
- http://www.lidl.de/de/Sonstiges/FlixBus-Gutschein <-- from anywhere in Germany, 9,90€
- http://www.eurolines.de/en/ – european area, english language version available
- http://www.busliniensuche.de/ – seems to be a meta search for long distance busses
- there are much more, please add and/or comment if you have any experiences!
- https://pads.ccc.de/30C3-South-Hackbus – SHACK(e)BUS: Self-organized collective bus ride, as of Switzerland or nearby
Arrival by plane
Hamburg can be reached by commercial aviation through the international airport Hamburg (HAM).
Airport Hamburg (HAM)
If you arrive at the Hamburg Airport:
- Take the light rail S1 (green) to Ohlsdorf.
- Take the subway U1 (blue) to Stephansplatz.
- Exit the station against the driving direction and you will find yourself on a bridge in front of the Central Station Dammtor. Its a 3min walk from where you are. (See area map for details).
WARNING: As of 2013-12-25 the U1 line is down between Kellinghusen and Stephansplatz. See here for details. (It should be back up by 2013-12-27.)
As an alternate route, to detour around the closure, you can:
- Take the light rail S1 (green) to Ohlsdorf.
- Take the subway U1 (blue) to Kellinghusen.
- Take the subway U3 (yellow) to Schlump.
- Take the subway U2 (red) to Jungfernstieg.
- Take the subway U1 (blue) to Stephansplatz. (When walking from U2 to U1 watch carefully for the U1 signs. The last sign is small, and the turn is easy to miss.)
- Exit the station in the driving direction and you will find yourself on a bridge in front of the Central Station Dammtor. Its a 3min walk from where you are. (See area map for details).
Spaceship Landing Area CCH
Probably already occupied by the Fairydust. Sorry.
Arrival by car
If you need to unload your vehicle, please use the entrance at Tiergartenstraße 2, 20355, Hamburg. Look for Eingang C, and check with the Angel or Security Guard inside that entrance for further instructions. Please use this entrance only for loading and unloading.
The garage at the CCH has many places and is open from 07:00 to 24:00 - fee 2 Euro per hour or 14 Euro per day.
There are also other garages available, check  for more information about garages and car parks in Hamburg City.
This wiki has a special page for announcing and requesting lifts to and from the congress: Traveling groups
But you can also check out the following sites:
MitFahrZentralen (MVZ) - Overview:
- http://www.fahrtfinder.net Meta search engine
- http://drive2day.de aka http://hitchhikers.de free of cost :)
See the accommodation page for offers & requests of rooms to share.