In this workshop we will explain how to setup a GlobaLeaks node and how to start hacking on it. We hope to get you excited about the project and join us in building the tools for future Whistleblowers and Whistleblowing organization.
GlobaLeaks Workshop is aimed at explaining GlobaLeaks software. Share our research on the social aspect of whistle blowing and technological challenges we encountered.
Hopefully by the end of it you will join us in making the tools for whistleblowers of the future!
We would like to involve the hacking community in the project.
This is a workshop with an ongoing presentation and interactive discussion, along with practical knowledge sharing and code hacking.
The first part of the workshop is about the introduction to the GlobaLeaks vision (the "big picture") overview and sharing of the result of Technological and social research.
The second part of the workshop is focused on the technology, by sharing the design principles of GlobaLeaks, the technological issues encountered, various hacks done and to be done on multiple software projects.
- GlobaLeaks Project overview
- The big picture (GlobaLeaks (Web, Mobile, Desktop), Tor2web, LeakDirectory, TorCheck, Fax2social)
- Technological research (issues, limitations, consideration)
- Social Research: Overview of the Whistleblowing World (LeakDirectory)
- Social Hacking using Whistleblowing (Showcase, brainstorming and discussion on Whistleblowing ideas)
- GlobaLeaks software project
- Web, Desktop, Mobile, Fax
- Framework, security and functional overview
- Explaination, discussion and brainstorming
- GlobaLeaks 0.1 release overview
- mistakes and limits
- GlobaLeaks 0.2 re-engineering (come on, hack with us!)
- Share knowledge and ideas for a new design
- Discussion, brainstorming, sharing, ideas, proposal
- Code hacking
What is GlobaLeaks
GlobaLeaks is the first Open Source whistleblowing platform. It is build with strong anonymity and security in mind. It uses Tor Hidden Services and Tor2web to allow anybody to setup a node anonymously and easily.
If you're interested to participate, put your name here:
- User:GlobaLeaks (host)
When & Where
Room: A03 (we preferred the small one, but it's full)
Date: Day 2 - 2011-12-28 Wed