Food Hacking Base/Conclusions of our 28c3 presence
If we conclude in a nice and brief way one can say that we
- allocate a good locations for our activities (thanks to support of CCC)
- gather a budget which covered ingredients and equipment
- support several workshops in various fields
- have again a Lightning talk this time about food hacking base
- present to hundreds of people our activities in person with samples
- post at least basic info about our project during the conference and do some updates afterwards
- end up around 45 Eu cash positive after whole event
we should improve:
- there should be more people and more often available by our presentation place so there is a continuity and people who are interested/curious can talk to someone
- increase the budget a bit and have the money ready several weeks before the event, I would say that 500 eu should be a nice and safe bet, the complete expenses this time were under 130 EU
- present our workshops and activities much more actively on on-line media and also in printed form like posters etc.
- the system of English grammar corrections has to improve
- video and audio documentation should improve
- we should have at our presentation area and at our workshops more things ready for tasting at any given time, most probably pre-prepared at least part of it (it is really hard to do so when presenting in the same time)
- we should offer some nice "presents" both food&beverages but also some "non edible" variants, which people could get for non specified or suggested donation which would go to the project, it would help a lot to keep us cash positive
- we need logo
- it would be really cool to have a small demo kitchen where one could prepare dishes and people can see the techniques used etc.
- we should have some nice "farewell" package for people who participated in the project
Anyway these would be the basic ideas/info what I can think of from both sides. You are more than welcome to upload your opinions and when the wiki is closed we can discuss it in our mailing list or you can talk to me in person if you prefer.
Once more I'd like to thank to everyone who helped to make this happen and my special thanks for this event goes to Sven, who helped really a lot, so many thanks!
Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck