Village:Free Software Foundation Europe
|Website||https://www.fsfe.org, https://publiccode.eu, https://ilovefs.org|
|Description||All you need is software freedom! We do lobbying & public relations and we offer legal guidance and interest representation in favor of Free Software. Let's put the hacking back into politics!|
|Members||Ceb, Eal, M1chael, Tunda|
|Projects||Crowdsinging Free Software Song|
|Self-organized Sessions||Creative commons, Free Software Song sing-along|
|Tags||article13, copyleft, crypto, drm, encryption, europe, foss4smes, free society, free software, free your android, gnu, gnupg, gpl, ilovefs, internet, linux, open source, open standards, pmpc, policy, politics, privacy, publiccode|
|Location for self-organized sessions||Yes|
The FSFE's assembly is part of the Cluster about:freedom. Our assembly is hosted for and by our members, friends and supporters to offer a common space to discuss, meet, hack and organise. If you like to hang out with some friendly Free Software geeks this is a good place to be. All creatures welcome!
Free Software Song sing-along
Everyday in the Cluster about:freedom we invite you to sing together the Free Software song; We have the lyrics and a conductor. Simply come, bring your hacker buddies and your voice and maybe an instrument and we form an ad-hoc choir and sing out loud our love for Free Software!
Singing times are:
* Day 1, August 21: 19:30 * Day 2, August 22: 19:30 * Day 3, August 23: 19:30 * Day 4, August 24: 19:30 * Day 5, August 25: 10:30
Free Software Foundation Europe is a charity that empowers users to control technology.
Software is deeply involved in all aspects of our lives. It is important that this technology empowers rather than restricts us. Free Software gives everybody the rights to use, understand, adapt and share software. These rights help support other fundamental rights like freedom of speech, freedom of press and privacy.
Free Software Foundation Europe:
- helps individuals and organisations to understand how Free Software contributes to freedom, transparency, and self-determination.
- enhances users' rights by abolishing barriers to Free Software adoption.
- Encourages people to use and develop Free Software.
- Provides resources to enable everyone to further promote Free Software in Europe