Session:FabScanPi - 3D Laser Scanner Workshop
|Description||Build your own Open Source 3D Laser Scanner.|
|Tags||3D Scanner, Raspberry Pi, Workshop|
|Processing village||Village:Freie Maker e.V.|
|Language||de - German, en - English |
de - German, en - English
|Subtitle||Build your own 3D-Scanner|
|Starts at||2019/08/23 15:00|
|Ends at||2019/08/23 19:00|
What we will do?
In this workshop you will build your own Raspberry Pi based 3D-Scanner.
There is also an option to do some more stuff after the scanners are built, e.g. scanning and post processing scans.
How long does it take?
The workshop will take from 2 till 4 hours, depending on your skills and what you want to do. It takes 2 hours if the Hardware is pre-soldered.
More time is needed if we do more software related things like scanning and post processing.
What do you need?
All tools and materials will be available. A Laptop would help for the final testing.
A Kit with all parts needed to build the 3D Scanner will be provided on site. If you want to bring your own stuff visit https://fabscanpi-server.readthedocs.io to get an idea of what you need. All files for laser cutting are located on GitHub.
All needed parts have an amount of ~195 Euro (cost price).
There are different options:
- you can bring the parts by yourself (e.g. purchase at Watterott electronics )
- we will provide the parts for cost price ( limited: please write a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org )
How can I participate
Add yourself to the list below. The workshop is limited to 6 participants.
What can I bring with me?
- Solder Station ( if possible )
- Laptop & SD Card reader ( would be great )
Here is a BOM if you want to bring your own stuff. Please double check the FabScan documentation site. If you are not sure feel free to ask.
- Laser cut parts aka case
- Raspberry Pi ( >= 3)
- Raspberry Pi Camera Module (V1 and V2 work. V2 is recommended)
- FabScanPi HAT for Raspberry Pi
- 12V to 5V Step Down ( at least max. current of 3000mA)
- Red Line Laser module (please max. 5mW)
- 12V 3000 mA Power Supply
- WS2812 Led Ring mount for Raspberry Pi Camera ( you can also use stipes )
- Nema 17 Stepper Motor
- Raspberry Pi Camera Cable extension (50 cm)
- Silent Step Stick Motor driver
- Micro SD-Card ( > 4GB)
- Mounting flange for Turnhalle
Who wants to join
( available 6/6 we are full sorry )
|Name||Need all parts?||I have already...|
|Mario (not counted)||No||-|
|Anykey||Yes||Raspberry and camera, soldering iron||-|
|sturzi||Yes||Raspberry and camera||-|
|pukoo||Yes||brain and long hair||-|
|peponi||Yes||anime Comics and mettbrötchen||-|
If you missed the workshop and you want further information. Just contact me.
There are some people working on the FabScanPi project during the camp. Projects:FabScanPi Feel free to join.