Session:Ink!: Write Wasm smart contracts with Rust
|Description||A comprehensive, end-to-end tutorial for building an ERC20 token using Parity Substrate and ink! - build on Rust and wasm|
|Tags||smart contracts, blockchain, substrate, decentralisation, rust, wasm, webassembly, ink|
|Language||en - English |
en - English
|Other sessions... ... further results|
|Starts at||2019/08/22 10:30|
|Ends at||2019/08/22 13:25|
|Starts at||2019/08/24 15:00|
|Ends at||2019/08/24 18:25|
ink! is an open-source language built into Rust to create WebAssembly (Wasm) smart contracts targeted for Substrate based blockchains. Learn to program a smart contract during this live working session with Parity Technologies. We will walk you through the end-to-end process for setting up your workspace, going through the basics of ink! and finally building a working Erc20 token smart contract from the ground up.
By the end of this workshop, you will have all the tools and knowledge needed to program your own smart contracts in Rust using ink!.
- BYOL - Bring your own Laptop
- Please install and setup substrate as follows:
- if you didn't install it through `rustup`, please **UN-install** any previously installed `rust`
- install rust, rustup and substrate as defined in https://substrate.dev/docs/en/getting-started/installing-substrate
Substrate is written using a new programming language called Rust. If you are unfamiliar with Rust, that is okay! However, we recommend reviewing at least the first 3 chapters of the official Rust Book: https://doc.rust-lang.org/book/
This event is organized by Parity Technologies. Some of what we're working on:
- Substrate, the blockchain-building framework: https://parity.io/substrate.
- Polkadot, an interoperable network of blockchains for decentralized services and applications: https://polkadot.network