From 35C3 Wiki
LVB (Leipziger Verkehrsbetriebe)
LVB is the company that provides tram and bus services in Leipzig. S-Bahn lines are serviced by Deutsche Bahn.
Schedules & Information
Routes and timetables can be found on LVB connection info.
Tram lines 16 and 16E will take you directly to Leipzig Messegelände. You can also opt to use S-Bahn line S2, S5, S5X or S6 as well as regional train RE13. Tram 16 takes you closer to Messe, but is a longer ride from Hauptbahnhof than S-Bahn.
Schedules for tram line 16 during the 35C3:
- Tram 16 schedule valid 26.-30.12.2018 – all in one pdf
- Schedule - valid on 26.12.2018
- Schedule - valid on 27.12.2018 and 28.12.2018
- Schedule - valid on 29.12.2018
- Schedule - valid on 30.12.2018
There are only few S-Bahn services at Friday and Saturday night and trams run at a ten minute interval throughout the night during all days of 35C3.
See also: Arriving with the public local transit.
- Öffi (open source): available in FDroid or Google Play
- Transportr (open source): available in FDroid or Google Play
- easy.GO (proprietary): available on Google Play
- DB Navigator (proprietary, mainly for long-distance trips): available on Google Play
- DB Navigator (proprietary, mainly for long-distance trips): available on iTunes
- easy.GO (proprietary): available on iTunes
Type of tickets and prices
General information in English by the transport association: https://www.mdv.de/service/info-international/english/
This year, your Congress ticket allows you to use all local transport (except for special lines) in all of Leipzig (zone 110) for the duration of the event. Your admittance bracelet is your valid ticket in S-Bahn, Buses and Trams within this zone from December 27 to December 30.
You can get tickets either at a ticket machine on the platform, within trams, buses or in an LVB service center. Please do not forget to validate your ticket once you enter a service. Tickets bought within vehicles are already valid automatically. Ticket machines within trams and bus drivers only accept coins in Leipzig.
You may also buy tickets with your smartphone and without registration via easy.GO, they are charged via your mobile phone provider.
The LVB offers different kinds of tickets, e.g.: one-way, day-, week- and month-tickets. Group tickets are also available.
Most trams on line 16 are wheelchair accessible. If you arrive by S-Bahn, there are elevators at the Messegelände train station. The distance from the S-Bahn station to Messe entrance is about 750 meters. Trams take you a bit closer.
Useful information about accessibility in trams here: https://www.l.de/verkehrsbetriebe/kundenservice/tipps/kinderwagen
For more information, you can call LVB: +49 341 19449 or visit one of their service centers: https://www.l.de/verkehrsbetriebe/kundenservice/service-center
Look for cars with a yellow light on top that says "TAXI" or call any of these randomly picked numbers:
|+49341 4884||Taxi 4884|
|+49341 86329777||Taxi Direct|
|+49341 2222 4444||City Taxi Leipzig|
Most cars accept cash, girocard, credit card and debit card, but if you depend on it, ask in advance.
Taxi fares are regulated and it is not possible to haggle over them (except for long distance journeys leaving Leipzig).
- Initial fee: 3,50€
- Every km ≤ 2 km: 2,50€ (day) 2,70€ (night)
- Every km from 3 km to 10 km: 1,80€ (day) 2€ (night)
- Every km ≥ 12 km: 1,70€ (day) 1,80€ (night)
- Daytime is weekdays 05:00-20:00
- Added one-time fee of 7€ for trips with more than 4 people.
- Example: 5 km trip (day) = 13,90€ (1-4 people), 20,90€ (> 4 people, "Großraumtaxi").
There are several Car-Rental Services avaliable in Leipzig. Just search for Sixt, Starcar, Europcar, etc.
If you'd like to ride a bike, Nextbike offers bike rental for 1€/30min. You have to register online and a smartphone is helpful finding free bikes.