From 35C3 Wiki
c3Auti is dedicated to the needs and problems of people on the autistic spectrum and/or with AD(H)D. We particularly offer support to parties concerned in acute situations such as meltdowns, overtaxation or sensory overload. We do so by caring for or accompanying them e.g. to a relaxation room. Of course we are also available for preventative measures, to act before it gets too much for someone.
On top of that, we can advise and accompany you in cooperation with the Chaos Mentors in order to enable you to have a pleasant stay in our little Chaos World.
Our team consists of autistic people with diverse backgrounds and levels of Congress experience as well as people who have experience in responding to our needs (and whom we trust).
Originally offered as a service by the Chaos Mentors, we are now an independent team working closely with the Mentors as well as the Awareness Team and the CERT.
Where we help
From our own experience, we know that a Congress with its thousands of people can be not only overwhelming for neurotypical visitors but especially so for sensitive people.
This is why we want to
- help you in acute situations
- support you before anything gets too much
- help you with matters that would be impossible without support
- work with the Chaos Mentors to help you get to know the Congress
- advise you if you have any questions regarding autism (even if you are not autistic yourself)
- help you determine if an autistic person needs your help
How we help
We are available by phone around the clock and have access to several rooms, of which at least one is exclusively reserved for c3Auti.
- We seek solutions for you; everyone is unique
- We offer a relaxation room
- We pick you up and only ask the most necessary of questions
- We do not touch anyone without permission
- We mediate and accompany you in difficult situations, such as the registration desk
- If waiting in a long queue is too exhausting for you, please talk to us
- We put you in contact with the CERT and the awareness team
- In case of medical emergency, please contact the CERT first (if possible)
- We will not leave you behind