A GSM network is provided by Osmocom during the conference. It is set up by the GSM/MOC (Mobile Operation Center) in room 12 on floor 1 (near the POC). You can use the GSM network to place calls or send SMSs for free on the GSM and DECT networks. No GPRS for internet or data traffic is provided.
SIM card, registration
To be able to use the GSM network, you require a SIM card dedicated for this network. It is required to encrypt the traffic over the air:
- Get a SIM card from POC on the first floor for 2€, or re-use the ones you got during the previous CCC events (congress and camp). You will also be able to use them in the future CCC events.
- Register/log-in on eventphone
- Register a new extension with phone type "GSM". Give the system a couple of minutes to synchronise with our in-house GSM provider. Relax. Maybe have a nip of your favorite caffeinated beverage.
- Dial the GSM token shown in the details view of your extension. This step completes the registration process and pairs your device/SIM with the event's GSM network. If you ever feel like switching devices or SIM cards, then just redial this number on your new device.
- To get your extension, dial *#100#. It always starts with 9.
- You can be called from the outside at +4940-231889-xxxx. For more information visit the Linux-Call-Router project.
- You can re-use the GSM token you got when creating an extension with any SIM for this network.
- The MCC (Mobile Country Code) is 262 (Germany), the MNC (Mobile Network Code) is 42.
- The ARFCNs used are 865, 867, 869, 871, 873, 875, 877, 879, 881, 883 in the 1800MHz DCS frequency band.