|Learn to Solder|
| Learn to solder and make cool things!|
All ages, all skill levels, all welcome.
|Processed by assembly:||Hardware Hacking Area|
|Starts at||2012/12/27 12:00:00 PM|
|Ends at||2012/12/31 12:00:00 AM|
|Location||Hardware Hacking Area|
|Add this event to your calendar (iCal)|
Learn to solder!
Anyone can learn to solder! Even if you have never made anything in your life, you can learn this very useful and enjoyable skill. It really is fun!
- Mitch Altman and Jimmie Rodgers and Florian 'overflo' Bittner and others will bring kits to make cool, practical, intriguing, hackable things that you can bring home after you make it.
- We have taught tens of thousands of people how to solder all around the world.
- We can teach you, too!
- Of course, you can also bring your own projects to hack.
- And if you have anything to fix, bring it by!
- Get help, or give help. Or, just come by and hack.
- A place to get together to solder cool stuff!
- You can easily learn all of the skills you need in a short time.
- Make a project, and take it home with you!
- If you have your own project (advanced or simple),
- bring it by, and if you would like help, you can get it!
- All day and all night -- Every day of Congress
- Come by any time.
- Most projects take about 1.5 to 2 hours
- Hardware Hacking Area
- You! All ages, all skill levels
- -- It is fun to make things in the friendly community of the Hardware Hacking Area.
- Come join us. Everyone is welcome.
- Instruction is free! We ask that people pay only for the cost of the parts used
- -- kit prices range from €10 to €30.
Plenty of cool kits are available to make, including:
- TV-B-Gone (turn off TVs in public places!)
- Brain Machine (Meditate, Hallucinate, and Trip Out!)
- LOL Shield (Lots Of LEDs!)
- Mignonette Game (play fun games!)
- Trippy RGB Waves (interactive blinky lights!)
- LEDcube (animated 3D cube!)
- MiniPOV (more cool blinky lights!)
- MintyBoost (charge your USB enabled gadgets!)
- Hello My Name Is... badge (Geeky, blinky version!)
- microcontroller programmers (program all your AVR family chips!)
- Arduino clones (make just about anything!)
- Open Heart (animate fun patterns in the shape of a heart!)
- Atari Punk Console (make cool noise from an Altoids tin!)
- SMD Badge kit (learn to solder surface mount, and blink!)
- Blinken Button (learn to solder surface mount and display animation!)
- Geiger Counter kit (check out the radiation level everywhere!)
- And more.
More info on these projects is available at: