The HVV (Hamburger Verkehrsverbund) is an association of transport services running the public transport in Hamburg. If you want to use a Bus, a S-Bahn (S1, S11, S2, S21, S3, S31) or an U-Bahn (U1, U2, U3, U4) you will need to purchase a HVV-ticket (see below). The Regionalbahnen (Rx and Ax) can, within the greater city limits, also be used with a HVV-ticket. The harbor ferries (Fähre), except the "Hafenrundfahrten", are also included.
Schedules & Information
- Routes, timetables and calculation (incl. prices) of a personal travel plan: http://www.hvv.de/en/timetables-lines-routes/
- Configurable OSM-Map including HVV lines: http://geofox.hvv.de/jsf/mapsOSM.seam?language=en
- OSM Transport Map
- Map of U/S/A/R-lines (no busses), PDF: http://www.hvv.de/pdf/fahrplaene/usar/USAR-Plan.pdf
Type of tickets and prices
Important notice: HVV tickets bought at a ticket machine or a counter are valid beginning at the moment of purchase.
They don't need to be validated. You can not pre-purchase tickets.
Exception: Self printed tickets bought online (http://www.hvv.de/shop/uebersicht/index.php) TODO
There's a taxi stand between Dammtor station and the CCH, impossible to miss.
Everywhere else: Look for light ivory colored cars with a yellow light on top or call any of these randomly selected numbers:
Most cars accept credit cards or debit (Maestro), but if you depend on it, ask in advance.
Taxi fares are regulated and it is not possible to haggle over them (except for long distance journeys leaving Hamburg).
- Initial fee: 2.90 €
- Every km <= 4 km: 2 €
- Every km from 5 km to 11 km: 1.90 €
- Every km >= 12 km: 1.40 €
Idle time: 25 €/hour (will only apply if car stops >= 1 min.). Added one-time fee of 5 € for trips with more than 4 people.
- Example: 5 km trip = 12.80 € (1-4 people), 17.80 € (>4 people, "Großraumtaxi").
You'll see those red "Call a Bike" bikes all over the place, but unfortunately they require a registration and a credit card, for alternatives see Bike rental.
You can download a printable map as a multiple page booklet or as a single page poster.
Not useful? Help yourself!