Session:Substrate Collectibles - Build your own blockchain-backed asset exchange
|Description||This workshop will take you through building your own collectibles blockchain - think "CryptoKitties" - using Substrate, Rust and WebAssembly.|
|Tags||Village:About:freedom, blockchain, handson, decentralisation, infrastructure, substrate, rust, webassembly, collectibles|
|Language||en - English |
en - English
|Starts at||2019/08/22 15:00|
|Ends at||2019/08/22 18:25|
|Starts at||2019/08/24 12:00|
|Ends at||2019/08/24 15:25|
Substrate is an open-source modular framework for building blockchains, and is the backbone of the upcoming Polkadot network. Learn to build a custom Blockchain during this live working session with Parity Technologies. We will walk you through the end-to-end process for setting up your working environment, going through the basics of runtime development, and finally building a collectibles blockchain - think "CryptoKitties" - from the ground up, including building its own runtime and expanding the polkadot.js frontend to allow interaction with those assets.
By the end of this workshop, you will have al the tools and knowledge needed to build a custom blockchain using Substrate!
- BYOL - Bring your own Laptop
- Please install and setup substrate as follows:
- if you didn't install it through `rustup`, please **UN-install** any previously installed `rust`
- install rust, rustup and substrate as defined in https://substrate.dev/docs/en/getting-started/installing-substrate
Substrate is written using a new programming language called Rust. If you are unfamiliar with Rust, that is okay! However, we recommend reviewing at least the first 3 chapters of the official Rust Book: https://doc.rust-lang.org/book/
This event is organized by Parity Technologies. Some of what we're working on:
- Substrate, the blockchain-building framework: https://parity.io/substrate.
- Polkadot, an interoperable network of blockchains for decentralized services and applications: https://polkadot.network