- 1 Tickets, Pricing, Ticket Sale
- 2 Participating
- 3 Network
- 4 Telecommunications
- 5 Accommodation and Travel
- 6 WC / Toilets
- 7 Trash / Garbage
- 8 Other Questions
- 8.1 What about videotaping/taking pictures at congress?
- 8.2 Is the Messe Leipzig and CCL barrier-free for people with mobility disabilities?
- 8.3 Why did you move the CCCongress to Leipzig?
- 8.4 Is the Congress open 24/4?
- 8.5 Will there be a place to deposit luggage (such as lockers) ?
- 8.6 Why is the Congress so expensive? I only earn XYZ?
- 8.7 I've heard about people being harassed at tech cons. Do I need to worry?
- 8.8 Where can I get vegan or vegetarian food?
- 8.9 After-Party on Dec 30th
- 8.10 Is it allowed to bring my dog, cat, green elephant?
- 8.11 I would like to pre-order and pre-pay Congress T-shirt/Hoodies together with my ticket. Why isn't that possible?
- 8.12 How to ask questions in a talk
- 9 I have another question not listed here
- When and where is the 36C3 going to happen?
- December 27th to 30th, 2019
- Leipziger Exhibition Grounds, Leipzig, Germany, Earth, Milky Way (Map)
- Messe Leipzig
- 04356 Leipzig
- Geo Coordinates
- N 51.3968
- E 12.4070
Tickets, Pricing, Ticket Sale
- Questions about Tickets, Pricing and Ticket Sale
- see Tickets
- Questions about the congress network
- see Network
- Questions about securing your computer
- see How To Survive
- Questions about the DECT-Network and the Phone Operation Center
- see POC
- Questions about the GSM network
- see GSM
- Questions about dialing in and out the Congress
- see Linux-Call-Router
Accommodation and Travel
- Questions on where to stay
- see Accommodation
- Questions on how to get there
- see Travel
- Further information about Leipzig and public transport
- see Local transport
WC / Toilets
There are "Binary" and "Unisex" WCs.
This means, that you can still use your standard female/male separated WCs ("Binary") if you like, or you can choose "Unisex" WCs, where every creature is welcome. "Binary" and "Unisex" WCs are evenly distributed throughout Congress. If you are standing in front of a WC, you will find a sign there, pointing you to the next available WC of the "other type".
Trash / Garbage
- see Static:Trash
What about videotaping/taking pictures at congress?
- Ask everybody in the picture if they agree to be photographed or filmed.
- It follows that shots from the stage into the audience and long shots in the hack center and the other public areas are not possible! Please note that we might ask photographers and film teams to leave if they don't behave accordingly.
Is the Messe Leipzig and CCL barrier-free for people with mobility disabilities?
- Please visit our new page Accessibility.
- Yes. All halls are at ground level, the entrance is one level below. There are elevators between entrance and halls, as well as in CCL. For more information in general, see http://www.leipziger-messe.com/visitor/barrier-free/ or for local transport, see here.
- If any assistance is required on site, you can call the CCC CERT team via DECT 112.
- But in general, all angels will be happy to assist in case of any questions or if a helping hand is required.
Why did you move the CCCongress to Leipzig?
- We answered that in May 2017 in a blog post.
Is the Congress open 24/4?
Will there be a place to deposit luggage (such as lockers) ?
- We have a Cloakroom where you can deposit your luggage for which we cannot assume liability.
- There is also a limited number of lockers, which cost 2 Euros per usage (no return!).
Why is the Congress so expensive? I only earn XYZ?
- → See also: Tickets.
- Frankly, we don't think the Congress is expensive: None of us gets paid for their work and the entrance fee just covers the inevitable costs for internet, power, ccl staff, external supporters, etc. We try to involve every attendee by their financial capabilities. If you think the entrance fee exceeds yours and you still would like to attend, please contact us via our Friends Tickets page or via email, together we will find a solution.
I've heard about people being harassed at tech cons. Do I need to worry?
- Generally, the Congress is a safe and friendly place, and the vast majority of attendants knows how to behave. If you run into someone who doesn't and can't resolve the problem yourself or with the help of other attendants, don't hesitate to contact the security angel, either directly by calling 110 on DECT, or by asking any of the volunteers to do this for you. Safety and Security on 36C3 for more details.
Where can I get vegan or vegetarian food?
After-Party on Dec 30th
- In Berlin, there was always an ending-party at the c-base on the December 30th evening which was really worth to stay. Is there something similar in Leipzig?
- Yes, there will be an after-party on Dec 30th, somewhere.
- No, there will be NO events at either Dec 30th or 31th at c-base.
Is it allowed to bring my dog, cat, green elephant?
- Unfortunately, animals are not allowed to enter the Leipziger Exhibition Grounds. So please leave your pets at home or in your hotel room while you are visiting the event. The only exception are Assistance Dogs. If you are in need of an animal pension, search for "tierpension leipzig".
I would like to pre-order and pre-pay Congress T-shirt/Hoodies together with my ticket. Why isn't that possible?
- This question is asked many times and every year. We already thought about a solution, but it's too much work for us (distribution, and what to do with orders which have not been picked up during congress? We simply cannot afford it.)
How to ask questions in a talk
- → read here how.
I have another question not listed here
- The Ask us page allows you to ask new 36C3-related questions.