The 36th Chaos Communication Congress (36C3) is the 2019 edition of the annual four-day conference on technology, society and utopia organised by the Chaos Computer Club (CCC) and volunteers.
The Congress offers lectures and workshops and various events on a multitude of topics including (but not limited to) information technology and generally a critical-creative attitude towards technology and the discussion about the effects of technological advances on society.
For 36 years, the congress has been organized by the community and appreciates all kinds of participation. You are encouraged to contribute by volunteering, setting up and hosting hands-on and self-organized events with the other components of your assembly or presenting your own projects to fellow hackers.
Some basic InfoSec survival guidelines might come in handy for everything not answered in our 36C3 FAQ. Updates and last-minute information are covered in the CCC Events Blog and on our Twitter account (@CCC).
As this website is part of a wiki you can contribute information, too; register an account, login and go ahead. Some pages and those pages in the "Static" namespace may not be editable for you, but you can leave your change proposals on the corresponding discussion page/s. There is a 36C3 Wiki user manual and the help page for information about using this MediaWiki.
Our Index page or the search input in the upper left corner may help you to find the information you are looking for.
Schedule Day 1 (2019-12-27)
- Floorplan (map, pdf) | ABFahrplan (music)
- Blog: https://events.ccc.de
- Twitter: CCC Events | @chaosupdates | @FahrplanUpdate
- Federation: @chaosupdates
- Lost and found - lost and found objects and their management
- Fahrplan – the official conference program schedule, tools, apps | current version
- Indoor navigation/Hallenplan – find your point of interest (sessions, bars, toilets...)
- Tickets – pricing, sale and redemption information
- MCCL – how to find Leipzig Messe and what to find there
- FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions and answers
- Accessibility — information for people with disabilities
- Live streams – watch live streams | Lounge Streams for Chaos Friends
- Recordings – watch and/or download recorded talks | more download options
- Translation – congress talks are simultaneously translated into various languages
How to participate
- Feedback – document press reviews; give us your own feedback. Link to your photos.
- Volunteers – participate! Be an angel
- Self-organized Sessions – self scheduled workshops, talks, hand-ons, meetings and other events: just add yours!
- Lightning Talks (LT) – give a short talk
- Assemblies – set up your own place
- Projects – do your project at the 36C3
- Congress Everywhere – for all those unable to attend the congress in Leipzig.
- Infobeamer screen self-service – if you want to show a slide (jpg only) on the screens
- Infodesk (DECT 1111) – 42, the answer to everything
- CERT (DECT 112) – chaos emergency response team
- Awareness (DECT 113)
- POC – your connection via the DECT network
- GSM – if you prefer the GSM network
- Network – questions, information and help around the network
- Membership Desk – CCC office on tour: become a CCC supporter
- Kidspace – a place for kids and parents
- Chaos Post – delivering postcards inside and outside congress
- LOC – Logistics Operation Center, parcels, heavy lifting, ...
- Cloakroom – storing your jackets and/or luggage
Music, Concerts and Party!
- → ABFahrplan (DJ Lineup)
- Discodrama – Party with the Fairy Dust!
- Shutter Island – Chillout area with ambient sound
- Compeiler – Cozy place to hang around with live bands and DJs
- Uptime Bar – Have a drink with DJs at the bar
- there are more bars: DDoS Bar, Jungle, Lounge, Memleak Bar, Späti-Bar
- Travel – how to get there
- Accommodation – where to stay
- Local Transport – how to get around and Tram 16 schedule
Around the CCL
- Food and Drinks – how to get food around exhibition and CCL
- Useful Places – nerd supply, shops, money, pharmacies & other locations around exhibition square and CCL