The Congress takes place at the Messe Leipzig / Congress Center Leipzig (CCL) near XYZ - right next to train station XYZ.
If you are new to Leipzig, you should get a city map and a map of the local train system. You can get maps of S+U-bahns, underground and metro buses at many LVG shops for free, and city maps are available for a few euros.
- Messe Leipzig / Congress Center Leipzig (CCL)
- Messe-Allee 1
- 04356 Leipzig
- Travel Information
- Accomodation Information
Arrival by local transport
The CCH Congress Center Hamburg is very near Dammtor station, providing connection to the S-Bahn (S11/S21/S31) as well as to regional an national trains operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB). Leave the train station in the direction to CCH and turn right, go 100m, then climb the stairs to the left, turn right again and go another 30 meters. Then you should be in front of the doors of CCH.
There is also an other U-Bahn station really close, it is called Stephansplatz (U1). That can be listed as "Dammtor/CCH" as well.
See also: Static:Local_Transport
Arrival by train
The best way to travel to Hamburg by train is via the ICE (InterCityExpress) routes. The trains stop at wikipedia:Hamburg Dammtor station. Look up your connections with the Online Booking System of the Deutsche Bahn.
There is a special event ticket by Deutsche Bahn for your travel.
Arrival by bus
Just recently we got rid of the monopoly of the German train company regarding long distance rides, so those busses are a nice option, too. They will start and end at various but central places, please check the Static:Local_Transport how to reach Static:CCH.
- https://www.berlinlinienbus.de/ – not only for Berlin
- http://www.eurolines.de/en/ – european area, english language version available
- http://www.busliniensuche.de/ – seems to be a meta search for long distance busses
- there are much more, please add and/or comment if you have any experiences!
Arrival by plane
Hamburg can be reached by commercial aviation through the international airport Hamburg (HAM).
Airport Hamburg (HAM)
If you arrive at the Hamburg Airport:
- Take the light rail S1 (green) to Ohlsdorf.
- Take the subway U1 (blue) to Stephansplatz.
- Exit the station against the driving direction and you will find yourself on a bridge in front of the Central Station Dammtor. Its a 3min walk from where you are. (See area map for details).
Spaceship Landing Area CCH
Probably already occupied by the Fairydust. Sorry.
Arrival by car
If you need to unload your vehicle, please talk to the LOC (#locc3 @ hackint | team [ätt] locc3 [punkt] de).
There are a lot of parking spaces that you can rent at the fair.
This wiki has a special page for announcing and requesting lifts to and from the congress: Traveling Groups
But you can also check out the following sites:
MitFahrZentralen (MVZ) - Overview:
- http://www.fahrtfinder.net Meta search engine
- https://www.blablacar.de/ formerly known as mitfahrzentrale.de and mitfahrgelegenheit.de
See the accommodation page for offers & requests of rooms to share.
If you need a means of transport for something you want to bring to the congress or can offer some space in your car, have a look here.