Self-organized sessions used to be called "workshops", but we changed the naming to include everything - even if it's not hands-on or about making things - as long as it's done by YOU!
Such an event can be...
- ... a gathering of a project group or on a special topic,
- ... a contest or a game
- ... something happening outside of the building
- ... a small talk or lecture
- ... a screening of a movie
- ... something with music, literature and art
- ... a follow-up-discussion on one ob the "big talks" or another topic that happened rencently
- ... everything else you think that needs to take place at the congress!
Your Self-organized Session goes 34C3
On this page you can find a list of planned self-organized sessions by participants of the 34C3 and you'll find the necessary information to create your own one.
The idea is to provide a global workshop and talk calendar: Everyone being at the 34C3 can look at this calendar to find out what self-organized sessions are currently running besides the "big" talks in the halls.
Registering own workshops or talks
Session creation is NOT yet open!
For now, the crucial information are
- Name of the self-organized session (which will be used as the site name)
- A short description
- A valid email address that might be used by the orga team to contact you
It might even be great, if you give some information about the person and assembly performing the self-organized session and a rough start- and end-time for the schedule, as well as a location. You can always update this information later.
For a detailed description, you can use the Free text field. This field allows the usual mediawiki syntax, and it will be the body of your page at the end.
You can also select a location for your self-organized. There will be again special rooms and places for this, they will be added here soon.
At the moment valid locations are all assemblies that have selected maybe or yes in their local lectures field, as well as the the following locations:
Rooms are not fix yet.
in CCL, Level +2:
- Lecture room 11 with 125 square meters and 100 seats; no tables (theatre seating) – with projector, microphone on tripod
- Seminar room 14/15 with 66 square meters and 42 seats; no tables (theatre seating) – with projector, microphone on tripod
- Lecture room 12 with 47 square meters and 30 seats; tables (classroom seating) – with projector, microphone on tripod
- Seminar room 13 with 33 square meters and 21 seats; tables (classroom seating) – with projector, no audio amplifier
in Hall 2:
Please book a room with tables only if you really need tables for your session!
Planning self-organized sessions within the workshop rooms works on a "fair use policy":
- You can plan any time slot that is still free (FCFS). Take a look into our static:Calendar or the timelines on the workshop location pages.
- You may register self-organized sessions in one of the workshop rooms with a maximum duration of 3 hours. If you need more time, you might kindly want to ask one of the Static:Assemblies that provide space for workshops, if you can perform your workshop there.
- Give a valid contact on your self-organized session page. If no name given, we are not able to contact you in case of questions.
- Session Announce Lists available at the Infodesk and on most shared tables