Difference between revisions of "Static:GSM"
m (1 revision imported)
Revision as of 14:55, 25 October 2017
A GSM network is provided and operated by Osmocom during the conference.
You can use the GSM network to place calls or send SMSs for free on the GSM network as well as to the on-site DECT, ISDN, POTS and VoIOP networks of the Static:POC.
GPRS for internet or data traffic might be provided occasionally, but the bandwidth is likely insufficient for anything beyond an IRC client.
This network uses various free software implementations of GSM network elements, including the OsmoBTS, OsmoNITB, OsmoPCU, OsmoSGSN, OpenGGSN. For more information have a look at https://osmocom.org/projects/openbsc
The GSM/MOC (Mobile Operation Center) in room 15 on floor 1 (near the Static:POC).
As we didn't expect to get any spectrum, we don't have any new SIM cards. You can use your SIM card from the previous events. Please bring your old simcards with you.
See the blog for details.
SIM card, registration
To be able to use the GSM network, you require a SIM Card dedicated for this network. It is required to encrypt the traffic over the air:
There are no 33C3 SIM cards.
- Register/log-in on eventphone
- Register a new extension with phone type "GSM". Give the system a couple of minutes to synchronise with our in-house GSM provider. Relax. Maybe have a nip of your favorite caffeinated beverage.
- Dial the GSM token shown in the details view of your extension. This step completes the registration process and pairs your device/SIM with the event's GSM network. If you ever feel like switching devices or SIM cards, then just redial this number on your new device.
- To get your extension, dial *#100#.
- You can be called from the outside at +4940-231889-xxxx. For more information visit the Static:Linux-Call-Router project.
- You can re-use the GSM token you got when creating an extension with any SIM for this network.
- The MCC (Mobile Country Code) is 262 (Germany), the MNC (Mobile Network Code) is 42.
- Our network is in the DCS 1800 band.