- 1 Tickets, Pricing, Ticket Sale
- 2 Participating
- 3 Network
- 4 Telecommunications
- 5 Accommodation and Travel
- 6 Other Questions
- 6.1 What about videotaping/taking pictures at congress?
- 6.2 Is the Messe Leipzig and CCL barrier-free for people with mobility disabilities?
- 6.3 Why did you move the CCCongress to Leipzig?
- 6.4 Is the Congress open 24/4?
- 6.5 Will there be a place to deposit luggage (such as lockers) ?
- 6.6 Why is the Congress so expensive? I only earn XYZ?
- 6.7 I've heard about people being harassed at tech cons. Do I need to worry?
- 6.8 Where can I get vegan or vegetarian food?
- 6.9 How the hell do you flip the tables in Saal 1?
- 6.10 After-Party on Dec 30th
- 6.11 Where is the mandatory dating site?
- 6.12 Is it allowed to bring my dog, cat, green elephant?
- When and where is the 34C3 going to happen?
- December 27th to 30th, 2017
- Leipziger Exhibition Grounds, Leipzig, Germany, Earth, Milky Way (Map)
- Messe Leipzig
- 04356 Leipzig
- Geo Coordinates
- N 51.3968
- E 12.4070
Tickets, Pricing, Ticket Sale
- Questions about Tickets, Pricing and Ticket Sale
- see Static:Tickets
- What to do if I wanna be a real part of the Congress?
- see Static:Volunteers
- see also Static:Projects
- Questions about the congress network
- see Static:Network
- Questions about securing your computer
- see Static:How To Survive
- Questions about the DECT-Network and the Phone Operation Center
- see Static:POC
- Questions about the GSM network
- see Static:GSM
- Questions about dialing in and out the Congress
- see Static:Linux-Call-Router
Accommodation and Travel
- Questions on where to stay
- see Static:Accommodation
- Questions on how to get there
- see Static:Travel
- Further information about Leipzig and public transport
- see Local transport
What about videotaping/taking pictures at congress?
- Ask everybody in the picture if they agree to be photographed or filmed.
- It follows that shots from the stage into the audience and long shots in the hack center and the other public areas are not possible! Please note that we might ask photographers and film teams to leave if they don't behave accordingly.
Is the Messe Leipzig and CCL barrier-free for people with mobility disabilities?
- Yes. All halls are at ground level, the entrance is one level below. There are elevators between entrance and halls, as well as in CCL. For more information in general, see http://www.leipziger-messe.com/visitor/barrier-free/ or for local transport, see Static:Local_Transport#Accessibility.
- If any assistance is required on site, you can call the CCC CERT team via DECT 112 and DECT 911.
- But in general, all angels will be happy to assist in case of any questions or if a helping hand is required.
Why did you move the CCCongress to Leipzig?
- We answered that in May 2017 in a blog post.
Is the Congress open 24/4?
Will there be a place to deposit luggage (such as lockers) ?
- We have the Static:Cloakroom where you can deposit your luggage for which we cannot assume liability.
Why is the Congress so expensive? I only earn XYZ?
- Frankly, we don't think the Congress is expensive: None of us gets paid for their work and the entrance fee just covers the inevitable costs for internet, power, cch staff, external supporters, etc. We try to involve every attendee by their financial capabilities. If you think the entrance fee exceeds yours and you still would like to attend, please contact us via email, together we will find a solution. See also: Tickets
I've heard about people being harassed at tech cons. Do I need to worry?
- Generally, the Congress is a safe and friendly place, and the vast majority of attendants knows how to behave. If you run into someone who doesn't and can't resolve the problem yourself or with the help of other attendants, don't hesitate to contact the security angel, either directly by calling 110 on DECT, or by asking any of the volunteers to do this for you. Safety and Security on 34C3 for more details.
Where can I get vegan or vegetarian food?
How the hell do you flip the tables in Saal 1?
- Pull the lever and pull the table towards you. Then pull it again and flip the upper part to a horizontal position, see photo.
After-Party on Dec 30th
- In Berlin, there was always an ending-party at the c-base on the December 30th evening which was really worth to stay. Is there something similar in Leipig?
- Yes, there will be an after-party on Dec 30th, somewhere.
- No, there will be NO events at either Dec 30th or 31th at c-base.
Where is the mandatory dating site?
- It's here: Dating.
Is it allowed to bring my dog, cat, green elephant?
- Unfortunately, animals are not allowed to enter the Leipziger Exhibition Grounds. To please leave your pets at home or in your hotel room while you are visiting the event. The only exception are Assistance Dogs.if you are in need of an animal pension, search for "tierpension leipzig".