You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
Please read before you start to fill in the form!
Please enter a basic description for the planned Self-Organized Session. For more information about Self-Organized Sessions head to Self-Organized Sessions.
Add times where you like to run your activities here by just pressing "Add another". You can add multiple times if you like to split your event over multiple timeslots. A Self-Organized Session should have at least one timeslot though ;)
Enter a full description of the event here. The field allows using the full mediawiki syntax for text formating.
The space we live in is three-dimensional. But mathematically, four dimensions can be just as easily defined as three dimensions. In the talk, we'll give an accessible introduction to four-dimensional thinking. We'll discuss how to imagine four dimensions, see examples of beautiful four-dimensional forms, learn how to glue three-dimensional forms to four-dimensional ones and discover what's special about four dimensions.
There's some chance that you'll leave the talk with a new favourite platonic solid.
The talk doesn't require any mathematical prerequisites. Exactly two formulas will appear. There will be pretty pictures. Bring your kids (age 12 or older)!
Note to organizers of other self-organized sessions: We don't actually need the big Hall B. We're happy to move to a smaller room, if you find one for us. :-) Just drop us a line.
* [https://rawgit.com/iblech/mathezirkel-kurs/master/vierdimensionale-geometrie/slides-33c3.pdf Slides of the talk]
* [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct0_g1amEpw Recording of the talk] (thanks to [https://www.github.com/iblech/timjb @timjb]!)
* [http://rawgit.com/MatthiasHu/FractalsWebGL/4d/page.html The four-dimensional fractal unifying the Mandelbrot fractal and all the Julia sets]
* [https://github.com/MatthiasHu/4d-solids-brutal Haskell code to render three-dimensional projections of four-dimensional shapes]
* [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wAaI_6b9JE Matt Parker: Things to See and Hear in the Fourth Dimension]
* What happens if a four-dimensional alien flips you just as you could flip a triangle living in flatland? Think about yoghurt.
This is a minor edit
Watch this page