|Description||Build an IoT Empire using bring-your-own as well as on site provided embedded hardware. We start with a physical web using Firefox OS terminals and Estimote beacons, and progress to make our own IoT systems using Nordic Semiconductor and Freescale development boards.|
|Persons working on||Michaesc|
|Tags||Internet, Embedded, IoT, Web|
|Located at assembly||Mozilla|
Technical minds and creative electronic artists will appreciate (and possibly extend) the ideas put forth in this explanatory IoT session. A cookie cutter approach is taken while assembling embedded hardware to build a web of things with sensors and actuators controlled by low powered computing nodes.
Some computing use cases common to us all involve:
- Health functions (temperature, blood pressure, heart rate)
- Entertainment (storage and control of entertainment media)
- Logistical transport (IVI, auto control, and public transportation)
- Physical security (entry control and alarm systems)
- Nighttime safety (Light and movement detection)
- Malicious vendor detection (IoT transport filtering)
We'll examine our lives and how embedded computers can complement networks of sensors and actuators. While considering the interface to legacy telecommunications and cloud technology, we'll use specialized IoT platform hardware to construct a network of things. Our network will cover well defined use cases or a bring your own idea scenario, and we'll have questions and reflect on achievements in the last quarter hour.
To fully benefit from hands on opportunities, please bringing your own (Linux, Windows, OSX, or other) computer, but everyone is welcome and can benefit by simply observing.