Hacktivities on 30C3
Usually we called this section "workshops". Then we told you on this page, that a workshop doesn't need to be an event with hands-on and making – but sure it could! We said that a "workshop" is just something, that happens at a special time and place, but doesn't take place in one of the big halls. Therefore we changed the name to "hacktivitiies" that includes everything - everything that is organized by you!
Such an event can be...
- ... a gathering of a project group or on a special topic,
- ... a contest or a game
- ... something happening outside of the building
- ... a small talk or lecture
- ... a screening of a movie
- ... something with music, literature and art
- ... a follow-up-discussion on one ob the "big talks" or another topic that happened rencently
- ... everything else you think that needs to take place at the congress!
The following calendar shows all registered activities like workshops, talks at assemblies or in the workshop rooms, hand-ons, and stuff like mentioned above.
Your hacktivity goes 30C3
On this page you can find a list of planned hacktivities by participants of the 30C3 and you'll find the necessary information to create your own one.
The idea is, that we will be able to provide a global workshop and talk calendar: Everyone being at the 30C3 is able to look at this calendar and will find out what hacktivities are currently running besides the "big" talks in the halls.
Registering own workshops or talks
To register your hacktivity just use the hacktivity form (not online yet!).
For now, the crucial information are
- Name of the hacktivitiy (which will be used as the site name)
- A short description
- A valid email address that might be used by the orga team to contact you
It might even be great, if you give some information about the person and assembly performing the hacktivity and a rough start- and end-time for the schedule, as well as a location. You can always update this information later.
For a detailed description, you can use the Free text field. This field allows the usual mediawiki syntax, and it will be the body of your page at the end.
You can also select a location for your hacktivity. There will be again special rooms and places for this, they will be added here soon.
Planning hacktivities within the workshop rooms works on a "fair use policy":
- You can plan any timeslot that is still free (FCFS). Take a look into our Calendar or the timelines on the workshop location pages.
- You may register hacktivities in one of the workshop rooms with a maximum duration of 3 hours. If you need more time, you might kindly want to ask one of the Assemblies that provide space for workshops, if you can perform your workshop there.
- Give a valid contact on your hacktivity page. If no name given, we are not able to contact you in case of questions.
The calendar is updated using the semantics feature of the hacktivity form and template. This may take some time, so be patient.
List of hacktivities
List of Hacktivities