21C3 Schedule Release 1.1.7
21st Chaos Communication Congress
Lectures and workshops
|Start Time||21:00 h|
Did you attend this event?
Phishing the Web
$$$ Make money fast! $$$
Phishing became a serious problem in 2004 with media coverage even in non-technical context. The lecture will gather the incidents, shows common attacks-techniques and tries to give a prognosis for the near future.
- A little history
- Recent incidents
- Number so far, mentioned by antiphishing.org
- known targets: Banks, eBay, paypal etc.
- Phishing by mail (with expamples)
- Phishing by phone, social engeneering (with examples)
- Differences and Advantages
- number of contacts: a little statistic
- Phishing by XSS (with examples)
- Upcoming: Phishing by SMS?
- Discussion: Who is going to pay? Who is to blame?
- New techniques
- Worthy targets