Lightning Talks are short lectures (almost) any congress participant may give!
Bring your infectious enthusiasm to an audience with a short attention span! Discuss a program, system or technique! Pitch your projects and ideas or try to rally a crew of people to your party or assembly! Whatever you bring, make it quick! To get an idea what Lightning Talks are about and how they work, look at the lightning talks sessions from 35C3.
The Lightning Talks are full! Registration is closed.
If you have any questions, please send a mail to the Lightning Talk team. We speak English and German.
Please see https://c3lt.de/camp2019/schedule/ for a schedule in various formats like iCal, JSON, XML. At camp there will be an single XL session on Day 2 starting at 12:00 and ending at 15:00 taking place in Tent Meitner.
In the unlikely case that something bad happens to the wiki or this page, follow @C3_LightningTLK on twitter for announcements.
If you have submitted a talk and it does not appear on the schedule, possible reasons might be:
- You have not yet submitted (at least preliminary) slides. No slides - no timeslot - no scheduled talk.
- Your talk was accepted but you have not yet confirmed your attendance. CYM.
- The lightning talk team was lazy. We try to update the schedule at least once a day and in the days directly before the talks more often. Please have some patience.
- If none of the above apply and you think there is some error on our side, please contact us by mail.
Day 2 - 2019-08-22
|12:00||Lightning Talks Introduction Day 2 (en)||A short introduction to the Lightning Talks session||bigalex|
|12:05||Food Hacking Base 2019 (en)||Food Hacking Base is moving on, here comes our sunny report.||František Algoldor Apfelbeck|
|12:10||Mb2.r5oHf-0t (en)||How to help users choose less bad passwords||Chris K|
|12:15||Digital Analog TV||A walk through of how I implemented PAL analog color television using ffmpeg, GNU Radio Companion and the rad1o.||marble|
|12:20||Eine Wende für flexible Verkehrssysteme (de)||Wie die Welt mit freier Software und offenenen Daten den ÖPNV revolutioniert.||Felix D.|
|12:25||Hacking how we see (en)||Can people who don't see in 3D hack how they see? Can we build a global open- citizen- science experiments to definitively find out?||Ben Senior|
|12:30||7 October 2019 - International Uprising - Movement of Movements - Extinction Rebellion (en)||Mass participation civil disobedience to shut down the government, to achieve the emergency action needed to tackle the crisis.||Mars Robertson|
|12:35||distri: a Linux distribution to research fast package management (en)||Linux package management in larger distributions (apt, rpm, …) is too slow. distri explores a faster approach to package management.||Michael Stapelberg|
|12:40||25 Jahre Internet für alle - und dann? - Der PING e.V. (de)||Das Internet war mal exotisch und ist nun allerorten. Wie übersteht man als gemeinnütziger Internet-Verein diesen Wandel und was macht PING heute?||Bettina|
|12:45||Automated Ground Control Points for Drones (en)||We use QR-Codes to create Ground Control Points for drone photogrammetry. Just lay them down, take photos and our software will find them.||quanten|
|12:50||Unified Alpha (en)||Unifying capabilities of premultiplied- and straight alpha pixel encodings by dodging asymptotic and undefined behavior.||pippin|
|12:55||Let's talk about suffering||What are educated ways to make the world better? Effective Altruism wants to find the answers.||Dorota|
|13:00||Teaching IoT with Open Hardware and GitHub Classroom (en)||Lessons learned teaching IoT engineering to bachelor students at FHNW, an applied science university in Switzerland.||tamberg|
|13:05||SUSI.AI Voice Assistent for Smart Speakers, Web, Mobile, Desktop (en)||SUSI.AI is an Open Source voice assistant solution running on all kinds of platforms.||Mario Behling|
|13:10||Badge Magic (en)||Magically Create Text and Cliparts on LED Name Badges using Bluetooth)||hpdang|
|13:15||"Digitalization and cyber are two sides of the same coin." A quote and its story (en)||I'll tell the story of a confusing statement by Ursula von der Leyen. Be prepared to be surprised.||Jens Ohlig|
|13:20||Introducing DEEP (en)||The debate on digital issues in the EU has a structural problem. DEEP is a new player in Brussels to address it.||fukami|
|13:25||Draw the internet! (en)||I asked children between 6 and 12 to draw the internet to better understand how future generations think about the internet today.||Roeckoe|
|13:30||Kitspace.org: 1-click orders for open source hardware electronics (en)||Kitspace.org is a site that lets you share projects and lets you order complete kits of open source hardware electronics from various distributors||Kaspar Emanuel|
|13:35||Android! Privacy is not a luxury (en)||Talk to introduce the problematic nature of preinstalled apps on low cost devices. Briefly covering the primary issues and proposed solutions||Christopher Weatherhead|
|13:40||OpenSCAD||Drawing for people who can not draw, but know how to code. Brief explanation (thru examples) of what OpenSCAD is and showing some example projects.||Anykey|
|13:45||Introducing Neurodiversity (en)||A quick introduction of the concept of Neurodiversity and how it has been impacted by the internet and especially social media.||Jontje|
|13:50||AI-powered Robots in Real Life (en)||What's the state-of-the-art in AI and Robotics, and how they get to be applied in real-life.||Hao|
|13:55||10 Jahre dudle an der TU Dresden - ein Résumé (de)||Kurze Geschichten über den 10-jährigen Betrieb der Web-Event-Scheduling Software an der TU Dresden||Ben|
|14:00||Gemeinnützig Software Entwickeln (de)||Kurzvorstellung des Technikkultivierungszentrums, einer gemeinnützigen GmbH als Dach für Freie Software-Projekte||mo|
|14:05||Announcing “Shutdown for Climate”: The internet joins the global climate strike on September 20 (en)||This movement tries to get as many websites as possible to show a “green out” page on September 20, motivating its users to join demonstration+strikes||blipp|
|14:10||Open Science and Open Robotics with Pocket Science Lab (en)||Pocket Science Lab is an Open Hardware and Open Source software project. We now support desktop PCs and have more instruments and robotic support.||Mario Behling, Wei Tat Chung|
|14:15||Ola Bini: unfairly persecuted for working in cryptography, security and privacy (en)||Ola Bini, privacy advocate and free software developer, was detained in Ecuador on April 11. Since then, a persecution has occurred against him.||Sofía Celi|
|14:20||Securing Server-Side Scripting (en)||Establishing a secure runtime environment for untrusted scripts running on a critical infrastructure server.||Daniel Grahl|
|14:25||Documenting proprietary BMC hardware (en)||BMCs historically run proprietary firmware. I have started a project to document the hardware of HP iLO 3/4/5, so that we can write our own firmware.||bmcfun|
|14:30||Backstage penetration (en)||How I got into the backstage of one of the biggest concerts in Italy||Mastro Gippo|
|14:35||Make RustFest.eu more environmentally friendly (en)||Climate change is happening. How can we as organizers lessen the impact we have with our events? Here are some ideas ...||Stefan Schindler (@dns2utf8)|
|14:40||Open Laser Tag (en)||Wir möchten ein Open Hardware/Source Lasertagsystem bauen. In diesem Talk gebe ich einen kurzen Überblick über unseren Ansatz und Entwicklungsstand.||gldhnchn|
|14:45||Janitor - From working on Firefox to bootstrapping development environments (en)||A platform to bootstrap development environments to work on big open-source projects such as Firefox, Chromium... and the list is growing !||Etienne Wan|
- How long are the Lightning Talks?
- So we can maximize the number of cool talks and opportunities, talks are no longer than 5 minutes.
- I've never given a talk before, I don't think I can do it!
- Yes you can! Many LT presenters have never spoken in front of a huge audience. This format is great for first-time speakers to get their awesome ideas out and gain comfort speaking in a safe and friendly space.
- My lecture didn't get accepted, I need at least OVER 5 MINUTES to give this talk!
- The sad fact is that most lectures designed to be given in over 30 minutes by speakers accustomed to taking more than 45 minutes cannot be successfully cut down to a coherent 5 minute talk. We suggest focusing on one particular element of your talk that you can give in 5 minutes or less.
- What presentation formats are accepted?
- We accept talks as PDF files only. There is basically no other way to efficiently switch between talks and review A LOT of slide sets in advance than having a common format for all slide sets. Please set up your presentation size to be viewed in 1920x1080 (aka widescreen aka 16:9) to make the video angels happy. If your presentation contains large images, please reduce image size to 1920x1080 or page transitions might take too long which will disturb your flow.
- Yes. But. My slides just need those animated transitions.
- Please try to live without them. Less is more. People come for you and your ideas.
- But I need to connect my laptop to do this awesome demo!
- Bear in mind, you have 5 minutes to get set up, give your talk, and get off the stage. If you can give a three minute awesome demo, go for it! Specify that you need to do this in your registration. Expect to receive a slot at the end of the session.