Session:Model Rockets for Kids
|Description||We build and launch model rockets with Kids. The propellant is blackpowder, the rockets reach 200-300 meters altitude and are re-usable. Younger kids may need assistance by a grown up when gluing the parts.
We have parts for 19 rockets, each kit will cost € 20. It takes about 45 mins to build one rocket. On day two we'll paint the rockets and on day three is launch day.
|Tags||rocket, rockets, model rockets, kids|
|Processing village||Village:Family Village|
|Language||de - German, en - English |
de - German, en - English
|Related to||Projects:Model rockets and more|
|Other sessions... ... further results|
|Subtitle||Gluing the parts together|
|Starts at||2015/08/13 15:00|
|Ends at||2015/08/13 18:00|
|Subtitle||Painting the rockets|
|Starts at||2015/08/14 15:00|
|Ends at||2015/08/14 18:00|
|Subtitle||Launch the rockets|
|Starts at||2015/08/15 15:00|
|Ends at||2015/08/15 18:00|
We build model rockets. With Kids. It is fun 🚀
Q: Is it possible to pre-order a rocket kit?
A: No, please show up at Day 1 in the Family Village kitchen tent (the red one, right next to the railway).
Q: Where can I find a launchpad similar to the one we've used at the camp (3 long poles instead of a single pole)? Any construction manual available?
Rocket engines and spare parts
What we used to launch:
- C6-5 Engines from Klima Raketenmodellbau. You may also use C6-3 or C6-7 (the second number is the delay for the second ignition that pops the rocket head). Currently the engines are out of stock in the Klima shop, but you may ask google for other shops.
- Rocket-wool to protect the landing system
- electronic ignitors, also from Klima
- You may also need a launchpad and a launch-device.
- Two small rockets lost their heads, here is a new one